February 8, 2022, 8:04 AM HST
Beginning this Friday, Feb. 11, and persevering with by way of the weekend, the Maui Police Division Site visitors Division, might be conducting sobriety test factors and saturation patrols at varied areas to deal with impaired driving over the Tremendous Bowl weekend.
“As at all times, motorist can count on the Maui Police Division to take a zero tolerance method to impaired driving. Our objective is to advertise voluntarily compliance of all visitors legal guidelines and scale back motorized vehicle crashes on our roadways,” stated Lieutenant William Hankins, Commander of the Maui Police Division’s Site visitors Division.
The Maui Police Division can be reminding the general public that along with being arrested for impaired driving, a violator’s car could also be topic to tow on the registered homeowners expense.
The Maui Police Division DUI Job Power Unit is asking for the general public’s help in serving to to maintain roadways protected by following the following tips:
- Plan a protected means residence earlier than you begin celebrating.
- Earlier than consuming, designate a sober driver. If you happen to wait till you’re impaired, you usually tend to make a nasty resolution.
- When you have been consuming, make the most of UBER or LYFT, take a taxi, name a sober buddy or member of the family.
- If you happen to see an impaired driver on the highway, name the Maui Police Division to report it. You can save a life.
- If you realize somebody who’s about to drive whereas impaired, be a real buddy and take his or her keys. Assist them make different preparations to get to the place they’re going safely.