You may’t drive safely in case you are impaired. Driving whereas impaired by any substance – authorized or unlawful – places you and others in hurt’s method.
With the passage of Proposition 64, The Management, Regulate, and Tax Grownup Use Marijuana Act, California voters mandated the state put aside funding for the California Freeway Patrol (CHP) to disperse to native governments and certified non-profit organizations for the schooling, prevention, and enforcement of impaired driving legal guidelines.
The funds are supposed to coach the general public concerning the hazards of impaired driving, fund efforts to take away impaired drivers from the roadway and advance analysis into impaired driving points. This is a vital step towards lowering the variety of crashes by impaired drivers and enhancing roadway security.
The Santa Clara Police Division has been awarded $90,000 in funding for a one-year grant, starting July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022, which can fund a wide range of site visitors security applications, together with:
- Saturation patrols with emphasis on alcohol and drug-impaired driving prevention
- Operations at eating places/bars to deal with potential violations (e.g. checking identification, over-serving, the acquisition of alcoholic drinks for underage individuals, and so on.)
- Schooling at native excessive faculties and schools on the hazards of driving after the usage of authorized and unlawful medication
- Coaching for legislation enforcement personnel
- Buy of preliminary alcohol screening units
By schooling and habits modifications, we hope to create an setting that’s secure and equitable for all highway customers in our neighborhood.