The motive force was stopped on Freeway 400 heading south after police acquired calls concerning an ‘erratic driver’
ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
Officers from the Southern Georgian Bay Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police acquired data from the general public at 2 p.m. on Feb. 1, 2022 of an erratic driver south sure on Freeway 400 close to South Gibson Lake Street, Georgian Bay Township.
By 2:22 p.m. an OPP officer had the suspect car stopped and the motive force detained for an impaired driving investigation. Additional at scene investigation result in the seizure of a amount of suspected methamphetamines and opioid medication together with a amount of Canadian foreign money. The motive force was transported to detachment for additional investigation by a Drug Recognition officer (DRE).
Because of these investigations, the motive force of the car Brent Christopher Seguin, 35 years, of Kirkland Lake has been charged with the next offences.
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the aim of trafficking – methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the aim of trafficking – opioid (aside from heroin)
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the aim of trafficking – cocaine opposite to the Managed Drug and Substances Act
- Operation whereas impaired by drug
- Possession property obtained by crime Below $5,000 – in Canada Opposite to the Prison Code of Canada
The concerned car was towed and impounded for seven days and the accused’s drivers licence has been suspended for 90 days as per the Ministry of Transportation (ADLS) pointers. The accused will seem earlier than the Ontario Courtroom of Justice at a future date and was launched into the custody of one other Ontario police company so they could proceed their ongoing investigation.
Educating the general public about secure driving practices with our group security companions is a precedence, if you happen to see a attainable impaired driver or operator please “Make the Name” and dial 911 and assist forestall a crash. If you’re heading out in town, please make a plan to get residence safely.