HONOLULU (KHON2) — There was an uptick in deadly accidents on the Huge Island for the beginning of the brand new yr.
Based on Mayor Mitch Roth, they’re urging Hawai’i County residents to make use of protected driving practices on their native roadways.
As an illustration not dashing and driving the pace restrict can cut back your probability of getting in an accident.
Ensuring your baby is in a automotive seat acceptable for his or her age and match good can be essential.
One other useful tip is leaving your telephone on the passenger seat subsequent to you, that method you aren’t tempted to take a look at it should you obtain a textual content or notification.
Roth reviews, this yr there was extra deadly collisions than final yr.
This month there was 4 deadly collisions, leading to six fatalities, in comparison with three deadly collisions and three fatalities final yr in 2021.
That is a rise of 33.3% for deadly collisions, which is why he’s urging the general public to decelerate, don’t drive distracted and be extra conscious of your environment.
SafeMotorist launched useful ideas and methods motorists ought to take note whereas behind the wheel.
They first spotlight the lethal fall-out that may occur when drivers exhibit highway rage.
- 66% of visitors fatalities are brought on by aggressive driving.
- 37% of aggressive driving incidents contain a firearm.
- Males below the age of 19 are the most probably to exhibit highway rage.
- Half of drivers who’re on the receiving finish of an aggressive conduct, resembling horn honking, a impolite gesture, or tailgating admit to responding with aggressive conduct themselves.
- Over a seven yr interval, 218 murders and 12,610 accidents had been attributed to highway rage.
Additionally they showcase occasions in the course of the day when accidents might happen.
- 3:00–6:00 pm
- 6:00–9:00 pm
- Midday–3:00 pm
- Midnight–3:00 am
On Oahu, there was 4 deadly accidents to this point, the primary one going down Jan. 14 and the final one going down Jan. 29.
Based on the Honolulu Police Department extreme pace is a contributing issue in additional than half of Oahu’s visitors fatalities yearly.
Get extra coronavirus news: COVID vaccines, boosters and Protected Travels data
For extra driver security ideas from the Honolulu Police Division click on here.