The 219th legislative session ended at midnight on Jan. 10, 2022. The session was extraordinarily productive for insurance coverage customers and the victims of accidents. The brand new payments handed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor included the next:
- S-1559/A-1659, which offers a reason behind motion for unhealthy religion within the delay and denial of uninsured and underinsured motorist claims.
- S-4251/A-6133, which permits sure individuals not but appointed as administrator of an property to file a lawsuit for damages underneath the Wrongful Loss of life Act.
- S-4233/A-6229, which limits charges charged to sufferers and approved third events for copies of medical and billing data.
- S-771/A6195, which expands Employees’ Compensation protection to parking areas offered by an employer.
- S-1559/A3444, which requires vehicle insurers to disclose coverage limits of vehicle insurance coverage and umbrella insurance policies.
- S-2300/A-3999, which creates a rebuttable presumption that a vital employee who contracts COVID at office is eligible for Employee’s Compensation advantages.
- S-2732/A-4134, which clarifies the efficient date of the “Hand and Foot” invoice.
The 220th legislative session began at midday on Jan. 11, 2022. There are nonetheless many areas by which the car insurance coverage legal guidelines might be amended to guard the authorized rights of accident victims. I counsel that the Legislature contemplate the next, as a begin.