This place is liable for securely transporting detainees between locations and guaranteeing that the autos used for transportation actions are protected and correctly maintained.
Main Duties and Tasks
Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of all autos operated. Gives written Day by day Car Inspection Experiences (DVIR) on the finish of every journey or shift and ensures that every one potential security defects are reported to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Ensures that every one permits and licenses are so as earlier than starting a visit. Notifies the Transportation Supervisor if there are issues earlier than initiating a visit.
- Ensures that autos have the mandatory security tools earlier than initiating a visit. Notifies the Transportation Supervisor if there are issues earlier than initiating a visit.
- Completes all crucial paperwork and studies in an correct and thorough method. Ensures that every one studies are changed into the ability in response to described insurance policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are correctly secured previous to leaving a facility and whereas in a automobile. Ensures that every one paperwork is obtained and fully precisely and totally when acquiring detainees at a facility and delivering them to their applicable locations.
- Ensures that every one security measures are adopted in any respect time whereas transporting detainees, together with however not restricted, to all software federal, state, municipal and organizational legal guidelines, laws, insurance policies, and procedures.
- Instantly contacts security authorizations and facility administration within the occasion of an accident. Gives detailed data, each verbally and written, to requesting authorities.
- Delivers autos for servicing and picks them up when prepared.
- Performs different duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equal certification required. Possession of relevant state requisites for employment.
- Should be no less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A legitimate “Class B” or “Class C” Chauffeurs Driver’s License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) endorsement at time of rent.
- Eighty (80) hours of verified and licensed driver’s coaching from an authorised firm coach and as outlined by the U.S. Division of Transportation.
- Will need to have accomplished an authorised coaching program leading to a certification of passable completion in Corrections, Legislation Enforcement, or Navy.
- Certification in Corrections, Legislation Enforcement, or Navy.
- A present driver’s license with no preventable accidents, suspensions for driving convictions, Driving Whereas Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Underneath the Affect (DUI) or greater than two (2) shifting violations on any sort of auto for the previous three (3) years.
- Passing an organization and Division of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol take a look at.
- Potential to work time beyond regulation steadily.
- Potential to journey prolonged intervals of time with frequent in a single day stays.
- Potential to deal with bodily and psychological stress related to working prolonged hours.
- Should be capable of usually report back to work with out being late.
- Potential to be bodily alert on any shift that’s assigned.
- Potential to work as much as sixteen (16) hours inside a rolling 24 hour interval.
- Should be mature, versatile, and capable of command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees in addition to employees and possess a excessive tolerance to psychological stress.
- Potential to work with computer systems and the mandatory software program sometimes utilized by the division.