Southold City police arrested Jose Ortiz, age unavailable, of Riverhead Sunday after his automobile was stopped on Route 25 in Orient for failing to take care of the westbound journey lane. Mr. Ortiz was discovered to be intoxicated, positioned below arrest and transported to police headquarters for processing.
• On July 21 police arrested Joseph Pedagno, 39, of Mastic after he crossed over the yellow line on Route 48 in Cutchogue. Mr. Pedagno was given a subject sobriety take a look at which he failed. He was arrested and held in a single day for arraignment.
• A caller reported a “rooster crowing” within the space of 843 Principal St. in Greenport Sunday. An officer responded to the scene and didn’t hear or see a rooster.
• Police responded to a grievance of determine theft Friday at a residence in East Marion. The resident on the deal with advised police a person who claimed to work for Amazon acquired entry to her laptop. When she realized she was being scammed she shut down her laptop, a police report states. The resident stated there have been costs on her bank cards she didn’t authorize and that her boyfriend’s bank card was fraudulently charged $187. An ID theft kind was supplied, the report states.
• On July 19 police investigated a report of felony mischief at a Third Avenue residence in Greenport. A caller advised police that an unknown particular person put a substance on the hood of a automotive and that it triggered the paint to peel off. Investigation is constant.
• Southold police responded Sunday to a Gabriella Courtroom deal with in Mattituck the place a pair advised police a Southold City code enforcement officer gave them a summons for a automobile of their driveway with out registration plates. The couple gave the summons again to the code enforcement officer “and when she did [the officer] crumpled the summons and threw it at her.” The code enforcement officer then left the scene. The couple advised police there was a delay on the registration at DMV. The police report stated the automobile was insured, parked within the couple’s driveway, “and was clear and intact.”
Those that are named in police studies haven’t been convicted of any crime or violation. The costs in opposition to them might later be decreased or withdrawn, or they might be discovered harmless.