Southold City police arrested a 45-year-old Calverton lady for driving whereas intoxicated Saturday after receiving a name about an erratic driver alongside Route 48 in Greenport.
Police stopped Tara Bastiani alongside Entrance Road in Greenport for site visitors violations round 9 p.m. and positioned her below arrest for DWI, officers mentioned.
• A 39-year-old Shelter Island man was arrested for DWI after he crashed right into a firewood storage field whereas trying to enter a parking spot at Mr. Roberts Comfort Retailer in Greenport final Monday.
Juan Contreras-Garcia was discovered to be intoxicated and police mentioned quite a few open alcoholic drinks have been discovered inside his truck.
He was charged with driving whereas intoxicated, reviews mentioned.
• A Riverhead man suffered a shoulder damage Saturday after he struck a tree whereas using a Yamaha bike alongside Route 48 close to Wickham Avenue in Mattituck.
Police mentioned the person was touring westbound when he was lower off by a black pickup truck, inflicting him to go away the roadway and strike the tree shortly earlier than 2 p.m.
The 34-year-old was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Middle by Mattituck Fireplace Division for therapy, police mentioned.
• A person reported that $650 price of copper was stolen from a house on Stillwater Avenue in Cutchogue final Monday morning.
Police mentioned an investigation is ongoing.
• Detectives have been notified after a “Lacey Seashore” signal was stolen from the top of Robinson Lane in Peconic Sunday afternoon.
• Police responded to a two-car crash on New Suffolk Avenue in Lower-chogue Friday.
In line with police, a 22-year-old lady was driving a Honda westbound when she grew to become distracted by an toddler within the again seat, veered off of the roadway and crashed right into a utility pole round 5 p.m. A person who was additionally westbound in a Dodge then collided together with her automobile, police mentioned.
Two accidents have been reported on account of the crash.
• A 52-year-old Peconic man reported that somebody stole and cashed his $1,200 stimulus test Friday.
Detectives are investigating the incident.
• Mattituck firefighters extinguished a small electrical fireplace that broke out below the hood of a automobile alongside Route 25 in Mattituck final Tuesday night.
No accidents have been reported.
• A Southold lady known as police final Wednesday morning to report that dust and an unknown liquid have been poured into her automobile’s fuel tank at a residence alongside Essential Bayview Highway.
• Two 100-pound propane tanks and a backpack blower have been reported stolen from a shed at a house alongside Essential Bayview Highway final Friday morning.
• No accidents have been reported after a lady driving a 2014 Toyota fell asleep and struck bushes and a fence alongside Entrance Road in Greenport final Thursday shortly earlier than 9 a.m.
Those that are named in police reviews haven’t been convicted of any crime or violation. The costs towards them could later be decreased or withdrawn, or they might be discovered harmless.