A Rochester man who allegedly assaulted a police officer after which repeatedly failed to seem in court docket has been indicted by a Genesee County grand jury.
Andrew L. Roberts, 28, is charged with second-degree assault on a police officer, a category C violent felony punishable by as much as 15 years in state jail.
He is also charged with resisting arrest for the Oct. 21 altercation in Alexander.
Roberts has been arrested quite a few occasions throughout the previous yr.
He was charged in February 2020 with theft of providers, in June with legal mischief throughout a home dispute and twice in July, as soon as for second-degree housebreaking, harassment, legal mischief and obstruction of governmental administration after he allegedly struggled with police investigating a home dispute and once more days later for violating an order of safety.
In April this yr he was charged with skipping out on a bar tab and in Might was arrested in Rochester on three warrants for failing to seem in court docket in Genesee County.
He has been in Genesee County Jail ever since.
Roberts legal historical past features a state jail time period for tampering with proof in 2016, the identical yr he was almost stabbed to dying throughout a battle with one other man. The person who stabbed him was sentenced to a state jail time period for tried first-degree assault.
Six different individuals have been indicted not too long ago by the grand jury:
– Shane M. Vanname, 41, of Batavia is charged with felony legal contempt of court docket and two counts of misdemeanor legal contempt of court docket. He’s accused of violating three orders of safety in Le Roy on Oct. 23.
– Dejon J. Smith, 21, of Rochester is charged with third-degree legal possession of a managed substance with intent to promote, fourth-degree possession, seventh-degree possession, tampering with bodily proof and obstruction of governmental administration.
Smith was a passenger in a automotive stopped on Otis Avenue Feb. 25. He received out and ran and was discovered a short while later hiding in a storage shed off Ellicott Avenue. Police stated he had cocaine within the automotive and crack cocaine that he hid within the storage shed.
– Joel Morales Cruz, 46, of Swan Avenue is charged with felony aggravated unlicensed operation and misdemeanor DWI.
– Myles D. Macleod, 33, of Corfu is charged with felony aggravated DWI, felony DWI, felony aggravated unlicensed operation, circumventing an Interlock, refusing a breath check and working an unregistered bike.
– Christopher L. Taylor, 31, of Buffalo is charged with third-degree grand larceny for stealing property price greater than $3,000.
– Alexander L. Baldwin, 32, of Batavia is charged with two counts of third-degree grand larceny for stealing cash from two individuals by failing to carry out dwelling enhancements after taking fee.