The Metropolis of Spring Hill will start examinations for full-time law enforcement officials. All testing dates will likely be offered by way of e mail upon receipt of full functions. Incomplete functions WILL NOT be thought-about.
The Metropolis of Spring Hill presents equal employment alternatives to all job candidates with out regard to race, gender, creed, shade, age, faith, nationwide origin, bodily impairment, or different non-merit elements. Minorities are inspired to use.
For any questions, please e mail [email protected]. No telephone calls, please.
Please apply on-line HERE Spring Hill Police Department to Begin Examinations for Full-time Officers.
- H.S. diploma or equal required
- MUST be 21 years or older on the time of testing
- MUST possess a sound, unrestricted driver’s license
- MUST be a citizen of the USA
Disqualifications embody, however usually are not restricted to:
- Convictions, responsible plea, or nolo contendere of a felony offense
- Conviction of a criminal offense of ethical turpitude
- A conviction for any federal, state, or native ordinance referring to pressure, violence, theft, dishonesty, playing, liquor, or managed substance
- Any violation of a home statute, together with Orders of Protections
- Delinquent on Youngster Assist, scholar loans, and so on.
- DUI convictions or interlock units required
- Dishonorable discharge or equal from any armed forces
- Seen tattoos, physique artwork, or intentional brandings which can be deemed offensive or provocative shall be hid from public view whereas on obligation. Tattoos, physique artwork, or brandings which can be deemed
- offensive or provocative and may’t be coated won’t be permitted.
- Candidates will likely be required to undergo bodily health testing, written testing, oral interviews, legal background investigation, legal and driving historical past search, fingerprints, medical examination, psychological examination, and deception take a look at.
- Uncertified or out-of-state licensed candidates should efficiently full Fundamental Legislation Enforcement
- Police Academy or POST Transition College inside 6 months of employment. Candidates should be capable of work numerous hours and shifts, together with 12-hour workdays (6 am-6 pm / 6 pm-6 am).
- Beginning pay $19.41/hr., with pay incentives for prior licensed regulation enforcement expertise and Felony Justice associated levels
- Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
- Free 25k life insurance coverage coverage with the choice to buy further plans
- Choice totally free household medical plan
- Dental and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage supplied
- Take-home automotive inside a specified radius and after preliminary coaching is accomplished.
- Uniforms and tools are furnished with a $500 clothes allotment thereafter
Deadline: Functions will likely be accepted by January 31, 2021 @ 8:00 AM CST.
Important Duties and Obligations:
The next duties are regular for this job. These are to not be construed as unique or all-inclusive. Different duties could also be required and assigned.
- Could supervise, direct and consider assigned workers; could assign work and supply help/steerage.
- Enforces all Metropolis and State codes, ordinances, legal guidelines, and rules (each visitors and legal) with the intention to defend life and property, stop crime, and promote safety.
- Patrols designated areas by way of motorized vehicle or on foot; make police presence recognized in a fashion that contributes to the deterrence of regulation violations.
- Prevents/discovers fee of a criminal offense; apprehends criminals and offenders; writes citations and makes arrests as applicable.
- Responds to calls/complaints involving car accidents, misdemeanors, and felonies.
- Conducts accident/legal investigations; locates and questions witnesses, victims, or different individuals and a couple of takes statements; interrogates suspects; collects proof; examines data;
- testifies in courtroom; serves warrants, obtains subpoenas and makes arrests; conducts surveillance; works undercover; prepares detailed investigative stories.
- intervenes in fights/disputes which trigger disturbances/confusion; mediates disputes.
- Administers first assist as applicable. Enforces car parking and working legal guidelines; use radar items to implement velocity legal guidelines, concentrating efforts on high-accident places, citizen criticism places, and places the place officers have noticed excessive velocity.
- Establishes visitors management and police safety at incidents attracting crowds; performs police duties at parades, processions, and different occasions; supplies safety/escort companies to people, companies, or others as applicable.
- Examines premises of unoccupied buildings/residences to detect suspicious circumstances; stories security hazards related to amenities serving the general public (e.g., poor streetlights, indicators, highway surfaces, and so on.).
- Offers help to motorists as applicable.
- Confers with workers, law enforcement officials, and others as needed to acquire info or resolve issues; contacts command/supervisory personnel by radio, phone, pager/beeper, voice mail, and so on., for emergency response and demanding incident communications.
- Communicates successfully and coherently over regulation enforcement radio channels whereas initiating and responding to radio communications.
- Offers help to different officers as wanted; substitutes for co-workers within the short-term absence of identical; performs versatile unit assignments as wanted in emergency response.
- Responds to questions, complaints, and requests for info/help by phone or in-person from most people, information media, courtroom personnel, workers, officers, or different individuals.
- Solutions the phone; supplies info, recommendation, and steerage; takes and relays messages and/or directs calls to applicable personnel; returns calls as needed.
- Prepares stories, logs, citations, and different documentation; maintains information and logs; performs different clerical duties. Maintains present manuals, insurance policies/procedures, bulletins, map books, and so on., for reference and/or assessment.
- Attends shift conferences, coaching classes, and seminars as required to stay educated of Metropolis/departmental operations, to advertise improved job efficiency, and to remain present with altering insurance policies and procedures, codes, and legal/civil case regulation.
Extra Job Capabilities
- Performs different duties as required.
- Minimal Coaching and Expertise Required to Carry out Important Job Capabilities
- Sixty credit score hours of school schooling most well-liked. Requires Police Officer certification by the State of Tennessee inside (6) months from the date of rent. Requires a sound Driver’s License.
(ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Should be bodily capable of function quite a lot of machines, instruments, and tools which features a motorized vehicle, pc, calculator, copy machine, phone, digicam, video digicam, tape recorder, two-way radio, radar gun, baton, handcuffs, gun/firearm, and so on. Should be capable of use physique members to work, transfer or carry objects or supplies. Should be capable of exert in extra of 100 kilos of pressure often, and/or up-to fifty kilos of pressure regularly. Bodily demand necessities are at ranges of these for very heavy work.
DATA CONCEPTION: Requires the flexibility to check and or decide the readily observable purposeful, technical, structural, or compositional traits (whether or not just like or divergent from apparent requirements) of information, individuals, or issues.
INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION: Requires the flexibility to talk and/or sign individuals to convey or trade technical or administrative info referring to regulation enforcement. Consists of giving assignments and/or instructions to co-workers or assistants.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Requires the flexibility to learn quite a lot of informational documentation, instructions, directions, and strategies and procedures associated to the job of a Police Officer. Requires the flexibility to write down stories with correct format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, utilizing all elements of speech. Requires the flexibility to talk with and earlier than others with poise, voice management, and confidence utilizing appropriate English and a well-modulated voice.
INTELLIGENCE: Requires the flexibility to study and perceive fundamental to complicated rules and methods; to make impartial judgments in absence of supervision; to accumulate information of matters associated to the job of Police Officer.
VERBAL APTITUDE: Requires the flexibility to report and ship info to supervisors and officers; clarify procedures and insurance policies; and comply with verbal and written directions, tips, and goals.
NUMERICAL APTITUDE: Requires the flexibility to make the most of mathematical formulation; add and subtract totals; multiply and divide; decide percentages; decide time and weight, and make the most of statistical inference. Normal Order #2-4F Job Description- Patrol/Visitors Officer
FORM/SPATIAL APTITUDE: Requires the flexibility to examine gadgets for correct size, width, and form, visually with tools.
MOTOR COORDINATION: Requires the flexibility to coordinate arms and eyes utilizing automated tools.
MANUAL DEXTERITY: Requires the flexibility to deal with quite a lot of gadgets, tools, management knobs, 4 switches, and so on. Will need to have the flexibility to make use of one hand for twisting or turning movement whereas coordinating one other hand with completely different actions. Will need to have common ranges of eye/hand/foot coordination.
COLOR DISCRIMINATION: Requires the flexibility to distinguish colours and shades of shade.
INTERPERSONAL TEMPERAMENT: Requires the flexibility to cope with individuals (i.e. workers, supervisors, most people, and officers) past giving and receiving directions equivalent to in deciphering departmental insurance policies and procedures. Should be adaptable to performing beneath appreciable stress when confronted with an emergency associated to the job of a Police Officer.
PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION: Requires the flexibility to speak and/or hear: (speaking – expressing or exchanging concepts via spoken phrases). (Listening to – perceiving nature of sounds by ear).
KNOWLEDGE OF JOB: Has appreciable information of the insurance policies, procedures, and actions of the Metropolis and Police Division practices as they pertain to the efficiency of duties referring to the job of Police Officer. Has appreciable information of native ordinances and of regulation enforcement practices, insurance policies, and procedures as needed within the completion of every day tasks. Is aware of learn how to develop and administer operations and workers plans and goals for the expedient effectiveness of particular duties of the division. Is aware of learn how to hold abreast of any modifications in coverage, strategies, pc operations, tools wants, and so on. as they pertain to departmental operations and actions. Is ready to successfully talk and work together with supervisors, members of most people, and all different teams concerned within the actions of the division. Is ready to assemble info and make written stories and paperwork in a concise, clear, and efficient method. Has good organizational, human relations, and technical abilities. Is ready to use impartial judgment and work with little direct supervision when needed. Has the flexibility to grasp, interpret, and apply rules, procedures, and associated info. Has complete information of the terminology, rules, and strategies utilized inside the division. Has the mathematical capability to deal with required calculations. Is educated and proficient with computer systems. Is ready to comply with all precautionary measures when coping with suspects who’re recognized to be harmful. Is ready to stay calm in an emergency and/or life-threatening state of affairs.
Up to date 1/6/2022