TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) – The Kansas Freeway Patrol is stressing security forward of the Labor Day vacation.
The Kansas Freeway Patrol says it’ll be part of native and state legislation enforcement businesses from Aug. 20 to Sept. 6, with a view to assist hold Kansans protected on the roads and reduce the variety of impaired drivers.
The Patrol mentioned it’ll take part within the annual “You Drink. You Drive. You Lose.” campaign. For this enforcement, the Kansas Division of Transportation has supplied funds for troopers to work extra time so extra officers can patrol the roadways to assist scale back the quantity and severity of crashes.
“Because the summer time journey season involves a detailed, the Kansas Freeway Patrol will probably be working to make sure our vacationers make it to their locations safely. As you have a good time the upcoming Labor Day weekend, we urge everybody to play it protected and have a sober driver or use a rideshare service if you’ll be ingesting,” mentioned Lieutenant Candice Breshears. “In case you are touring and suspect one other motorist could also be impaired, please dial 911.”
KHP mentioned if Kansans plan to journey for Labor Day, they need to think about the next suggestions:
- All the time put on your seatbelt each journey, each time. It’s your greatest protection towards impaired drivers.
- Test your car’s situation, together with tires, fluid ranges and mechanical tools.
- Test street situations at www.kandrive.org to search for building or delays in your route.
- Enable loads of time to reach at your vacation spot.
- Buckle up and ensure your youngsters are within the appropriately fitted baby security seats.
- Have an emergency equipment in your car with necessities corresponding to water, flashlights, chargers, blankets and non-perishable meals.
- All the time have a sober driver earlier than you drink alcohol away from residence or take a sober journey to and from the placement if you’ll be consuming alcohol. Bear in mind, that is your resolution.
- Earlier than you’re taking a brand new prescription treatment, examine your treatment for driving warnings.
- Earlier than you select to drive after ingesting, know that Kansas Ignition Interlock legal guidelines require that any driver convicted of driving below the affect (DUI) should set up an Ignition Interlock Gadget, together with an digital log machine, on each car you personal or which is registered to you.
- Earlier than you select to drink and drive, take into consideration your loved ones, associates, coworkers and neighbors.
Troopers mentioned they want protected travels to everybody on Kansas’ roadways.
If in want of KHP help, dial *47.
Copyright 2021 WIBW. All rights reserved.