Maintain Your Information Free - Donate to The Ledger
Name the Editor
Counter reset on January 30, 2018 with complete hits of 966,512 thus far
Name Paul Kirby
Batesburg-Leesville, SC (06/05/2021 Paul Kirby) – Lately, officers with the Batesburg-Leesville Police Division used social media to remind residents and visitor of the city that heat climate historically brings a rise in golf cart visitors. Batesburg-Leesville is a phenomenal city with a lot of historical past, buying, eateries, and lots of the properties there have extensive entrance porches which can be excellent for stress-free as your neighbors motor silently by on their golf cart. The open-air carts are an effective way to go to and socialize with others all through the quiet nation city.
Law enforcement officials wish to make it clear via their message that they need everybody to have enjoyable but in addition be secure on the similar time. There are some easy legal guidelines that govern the usage of golf carts on the roads, and these are in place to make sure the security of individuals on the carts and motorist that share the streets and roads with them. For those who break the legal guidelines on a gold cart, you're topic to fines and jail simply as when you had been driving some other car.
Right here’s what the SC State legal guidelines say about driving a golf cart on a public road or street:
• You need to have a allow issued by the SCDMV. That let should be with you on the cart once you drive.
• You need to have your golf cart insured and you will need to have proof of that insurance coverage with you whereas driving.
• You should be 16 years of age and have a VALID driver’s license.
• You need to have your license in your possession when working a cart on the streets or highways.
• You'll be able to solely drive a golf cart throughout DAYLIGHT hours.
• You'll be able to solely drive on secondary highways or streets with a velocity restrict of 35 mph or much less.
• You'll be able to cross a freeway or road at intersections even when the freeway or road being crossed has a velocity restrict of better than 35 mph.
• You need to keep inside 4 miles of the tackle on the cart’s allow.
• You completely can't drive whereas beneath the affect! You will be charged with DUI and/or having an open container simply as when you had been driving a automobile.
Please observe these easy legal guidelines in order that your summer time of carting can be a contented one!
Name Paul Kirby
The West Virginia State Police will conduct a sobriety checkpoint from 6 p.m. to midnight Friday...