Pleased Saturday, neighbors! Let’s get you all caught as much as begin at the moment off on an knowledgeable observe.
First, at the moment’s climate:
A bathe and t-storm; humid. Excessive: 72 Low: 62.
Listed here are the highest tales in Glen Burnie at the moment:
- Kevin Pickett, 42, of Sykesville was driving underneath the affect on Thursday, Might 12 when he hit and killed Tramellia Nicole Wright, 47, of Glen Burnie. Wright pulled over on Route 10, between Ordnance Street and the Beltway, due to a flat tire. The one who stopped to assist her together with her tire was additionally hit, however the accidents had been minor, and he refused therapy. (WBAL Baltimore)
- The McDonalds in Gambills was the scene of a murder on Might 13 at roughly 4:45 a.m. Britrain Marcelus Grey, 23, of Odenton was discovered have been shot and killed. The police suspect that this was a focusing on killing. Anybody with info is inspired to name the police. (Anne Arundel County)
- The MARC practice suspended its service the afternoon of Friday, Might 13 as a consequence of a pedestrian being hit by the practice. The stations between Odenton and Bowie are affected by this occasion. Extra info shouldn’t be obtainable presently. (News Break)
- The Annapolis Police Division did a compliance examine of liquor legal guidelines at a number of eating places in Annapolis on April 11 and 12. Out of twenty-two eating places, 17 had been in compliance. The opposite 5 had been cited for serving alcohol to minors. (Eye On Annapolis)
- Danyel Dube, 34, of Elkridge, died at the scene of an accident when her car crossed onto oncoming traffic and hit another vehicle head on. The driver of the other vehicle was taken to Shock Trauma with non-life-threatening injuries. The cause of the crash is unknown at this time. (WBAL)
Right this moment in Glen Burnie:
- Cruisin’ for Schooling automobile present is at the moment! After 2 years, this annual occasion has began again up! Come see the automobiles, hearken to music, take a look at the distributors all when you eat and drink. It is a free occasion open from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. (Center For Applied Tech)
- St. Alban’s Episcopal Church is having its annual spring flea market at the moment. Rain or shine the market will go on. Early birds can enter at 8 a.m. for $1 entry charge. Sleepy heads can go to beginning at 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (St. Alban’s)
- Brews and Cues in Annapolis is internet hosting its fifth annual Black Eyed Susan 8 Ball Doubles. The doorways open at 9 a.m. Fee on the door is $120. (All Events)
- The Chesapeake Arts Heart is internet hosting a spring open home and celebrating its twentieth anniversary with a celebration that’s open to the general public. Come by at 10 a.m. to assist them rejoice! (Chesapeake Arts)
From my pocket book:
- In 1787 Philadelphia, delegates met to attract up the U.S. Structure. The folks of New York held a “We Need Beer” parade in 1932. (On This Day)
- Talking of beer… Maryland has its personal uniquely “Maryland” beers to supply. Simply to call just a few… Outdated Bay Summer season Ale, Duck Pin Pale Ale, Full Tilt Berger Cookie and everybody’s favourite Ocean Metropolis Orange Crush! (Thrillist)
- Maryland’s most popular beer would most definitely be National Bohemian beer. From the land of pleasant living, Baltimore started brewing back in 1885. I wonder if they knew just how much of an icon Mr. Boh would be? (National Bohemian)
Extra from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Now you are within the loop and able to head out the door on this Saturday! See you all tomorrow for one more replace.