Good morning, Lengthy Seaside! Let’s get you began this Thursday with the whole lot it’s essential to know occurring right this moment in Lengthy Seaside.
As soon as once more, there was gunfire. Additionally, think about a DUI checkpoint and no drunk drivers confirmed up. Lastly, the Metropolis Council needs to ban adults with out children from being on playgrounds.
Are you an area enterprise proprietor or marketer in Lengthy Seaside? Our premium native sponsorships will preserve you on the high of inboxes round city each morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, right this moment’s climate:
Clear all through the day. Excessive: 83 Low: 68.
Listed below are the highest tales in Lengthy Seaside right this moment:
- So, the place did the most recent shootings occur? I am glad you requested. At this time’s a twofer. The primary capturing occurred Tuesday within the 1300 block of West Willow Avenue. A person sitting in his automotive a bit earlier than three within the afternoon seen his automotive was hit by gunfire. About three hours later, one other car was struck by gunfire within the 300 block of East South Avenue. Each occasions, there have been no accidents however loads of proof. (LBReport 1, 2)
- The Friday night time DUI checkpoint at Lakewood Boulevard and Wardlow Avenue did not catch any drunk drivers. Out of 503 automobiles, 73 drivers have been checked. All of the police discovered have been eight driver license violations. (LB Local News)
- The LB Metropolis Council is mulling over the creation of Child Zones. It will ban childless adults from metropolis playgrounds. The thought is that “playgrounds stay secure for kids to make use of within the metropolis by probably barring adults not accompanied by a baby from coming into or remaining in them.” One instance cited is the brand new Junipero Seaside playground that needed to shut inside days of its opening as a result of adults broken it. (LB Post)
- The common age of COVID-19 deaths is 59 years of age. In March 2020, the typical age was 72 years. “Extreme types of COVID-19 are disproportionately impacting male sufferers, as 70% of the deaths since July 2021 have been males.” Mayor Robert Garcia sees this variation as a warning that individuals want “to guard themselves and others round them.” (KTLA 5)
- When you’re a first responder, the Aquarium of the Pacific want to welcome you FREE this Saturday. “Cops, sheriff’s deputies, firefighters, medical doctors, nurses, EMS staff and 911 dispatchers are eligible for the free ticket.” Have your worker ID prepared! (TheHiLo)
At this time’s Lengthy Seaside Day by day is delivered to you by our pals at FTD, essentially the most trusted title in flowers. FTD’s community contains over 8,800 native florists in communities across the nation. Ship flowers to somebody you care about right this moment and get a 15% low cost in your order. Click here to make someone feel awesome.
At this time in Lengthy Seaside:
- Expectation Assemblies – Renaissance Excessive Faculty for the Arts (12:00 AM)
- Joint Thirsty Thursday Velocity Networking with Higher San Fernando Valley Chamber (4:00 PM)
- Again to Faculty Night time (Digital) – Session 1 (5:30 PM)
- Again to Faculty Night time (Digital) – Session 2 (6:00 PM)
- Cub Scout & Scouts BSA Roundtable – Lengthy Seaside Space Council, Boy Scouts of America (7:00 PM)
Lengthy Seaside Patch Pocket book
- Lengthy Seaside Vintage Market: “Tag who you’d treasure hunt with and be entered to Win a Free Move for you and your visitor Sunday Sept 19 #longbeachcalifornia #lbflea #classic #longbeachfleamarket #longbeachvintagemarket #losangeles #eventsinla #outdoormarket #longbeach…” (Instagram)
- Lengthy Seaside Airport: “Catching a flight at LGB? ️ Arrive 90 minutes earlier than departure Put on a masks whereas indoors Benefit from the recent air in our outside concourse Have a terrific journey! # FlyLGB” (Instagram)
- Lengthy Seaside Metropolis: “Mark your calendars! Be part of us for the primary Lengthy Seaside Youth Competition! There can be panel displays, performances, interactive/enjoyable actions & a useful resource truthful! When: Sat., 9/25 Time: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. The place: Houghton Park Commu…” (Facebook)
- Lengthy Seaside Metropolis: “Be part of us this #911 for, “A Celebration of Peace and Unity”, on Saturday, September 11, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on the Unity Monument, 2271 Temple Avenue in Sign Hill, in partnership with the Metropolis of Sign Hill – California. For these wh…” (Facebook)
- LBPD: “Looking for public’s assist to ID a suspect needed for bodily assaulting a male juvenile on a LB Transit bus on 9/5/21 final seen within the space of Atlantic Ave and Carson St. *See photograph for suspect description*” (Twitter)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
You are all caught up for right this moment! I will be again in your inbox tomorrow morning with one other replace. When you’re loving these newsletters, take into account inviting a few of your folks and neighbors to learn alongside. You may ship them this link to subscribe.
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran works out of sunny Southern California and has been freelance writing full-time since 2005. Her Website positioning-optimized web copy contains social media advertising tasks and German to English enterprise translations. She loves canine, cats, books, performs Fishdom (do not decide), embraces social justice, and tries to stay out Micah 6:8.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Lengthy Seaside Day by day? You may e-mail me at LongBeach-CA@Patch.com.