FAIRFIELD — The Metropolis Council on Tuesday proclaimed Sept. 16-22 as Structure Week.
Saturday marked the 235th anniversary of the drafting of the U.S. Structure, and with the proclamation, the council urged “all residents to pay particular consideration throughout that week to our federal Structure and the benefit of American citizenship.”
Councilwoman Doriss Panduro offered the proclamation to Nanete Shamieh, of Fairfield, and Patricia McKnight, of Vacaville, members of the Chief Solano Chapter of the Daughters of the Revolution.
Shamieh mentioned the Structure stands “as a testomony to the tenacity” of People to defend the doc’s beliefs.
In different motion, the council:
• Permitted an modification to the Disposition and Growth Settlement with Lionext Inc., extending the escrow deadline one other six months on the acquisition of a 1-acre city-owned parcel situated at 501 Lopes Highway. Lionext pays town a further $25,000.
• Permitted a $250,000 Software program License and Skilled Companies Settlement with Cyclomedia Know-how Inc. to amass present 360-degree avenue stage imagery as a part of town’s broadband technique. The funds come from the Intergovernmental Companies Fund.
• Permitted a $215,650 settlement with MaintStar Inc. for an improve to the MaintStar Asset Administration System in Public Works to create buyer work orders, seize historic upkeep knowledge, observe worker time, monitor materials used and order tools wanted for all upkeep tasks and invoicing.
• Accepted a $185,000 California Workplace of Site visitors Security 2022-23 Selective Site visitors Enforcement Program Grant to fund quite a few site visitors security actions to incorporate sobriety checkpoints, impaired driving saturation patrols, distracted driving enforcement, motorbike enforcement and enforcement operations for decreasing collisions involving pedestrians and bicyclists. The grant additionally has journey funds for in-state coaching and DUI checkpoint provides.
• Suspended aggressive bidding and licensed town supervisor to buy a specialised tv manufacturing van from Accelerated Media Applied sciences to cut back set-up and break-down time for the Communications/Advertising and marketing and Outreach Division, and supply the flexibility to cablecast/webstream “dwell” from anyplace within the metropolis. The fee is $228,991 plus taxes. The funds come from the Public, Academic and Authorities Entry Charges Fund.
• Accepted the Police Coaching Facility Roof Restoration Undertaking as full. Pacific Polymers Inc. was the contractor. The fee was $498,618, about 20% beneath price range.
• Initiated annexation of the LogistiCenter at Fairfield to Landscaping and Lighting Upkeep District No. 17 (Chadbourne-Beck-Cordelia) and levied the particular taxes and charges for the 2023-24 fiscal yr. Two different associated resolutions have been adopted.