Eight individuals had been charged with driving whereas intoxicated throughout an in a single day sobriety checkpoint on Lengthy Island.
The checkpoint was carried out at Waverly Plaza in Patchogue, situated at 371 N. Service Highway, by officers from the Suffolk County Police Division Freeway Patrol Bureau in a joint operation with New York State Police troopers on Friday evening, Sept. 3 into early Saturday morning, Sept. 4.
The checkpoint was a part of an ongoing Labor Day weekend enforcement initiative concentrating on alcohol and drug-impaired driving. A complete of 402 autos went via the checkpoint.
The next individuals had been charged with DWI:
- Nicholas Petrelli, age 24, of Bellmore
- Charles Hoerner, age 21, of Wading River
- Leah Miramontes, age 27, of Holbrook
- Brendan Heffernan, age 32, of Lake Grove
- Judson Charles, age 21, of Holtsville
- Kareem Byrd, age 43, of Bay Shore
- Gustavo Bao, age 28, of Bay Shore
- Richard Johnson, age 41, of Fort Washington, New York.
Johnson’s automobile was seized as a result of a previous conviction for driving whereas intoxicated, Suffolk County Police mentioned.
All eight are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court docket in Central Islip Saturday, Sept. 4.
Click on right here to join Day by day Voice’s free every day emails and information alerts.