Connecticut State Police have a message for residents planning a vacation journey — ditch distractions whereas driving, plan your journey, and by no means drink and drive.
To assist with all the hustle and bustle, the division is providing tips about methods to arrive at your safely, and the place there shall be DUI checkpoints.
The guidelines embody:
- Drive the pace restrict.
- Maintain a secure distance between your automobile and the one in entrance of you.
- Be certain that all passengers are sporting seatbelts.
- Chorus from texting or utilizing your telephone.
- By no means eat alcoholic drinks, marijuana merchandise, or medication, together with drugs that might impression driving, earlier than you get behind the wheel.
They’re additionally reminding drivers to arrange for climate circumstances.
“We all know that in a Connecticut winter, climate circumstances can change at any time. We ask all drivers to please notice any climate precautions previous to leaving for his or her vacation spot,” stated Colonel Stavros Mellekas, commander of the State Police.
Mellekas stated that troopers shall be specializing in distracted driving and people who could also be working below the affect.
If planning to eat alcohol, residents are inspired to designate a driver or use ride-sharing corporations to maintain roadways safer.
State Police will function roving DUI patrols and conduct DUI checkpoints from Wednesday, Dec. 22 by means of Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022.
The checkpoints shall be situated at:
- Colchester (Troop Ok), Sunday, Dec. 26 – DUI checkpoint on Route 16, between Cabin Street and Kmick Lane
- Southbury/Oxford (Troop A), Monday, Dec. 27 – DUI checkpoint on the Southbury-Oxford city line
Click on right here to join Each day Voice’s free every day emails and information alerts.