Howdy once more, pals! I am again in your inbox this morning together with your new version of the Harmony Day by day. Listed here are all crucial issues to learn about what’s occurring on the town, together with…
- Administrative turnover at space excessive colleges blamed on the pandemic
- Deer Valley Street will get a serious makeover!
- Moraga immortalized in a time capsule
However first, right this moment’s climate:
An a.m. bathe; largely sunny. Excessive: 78 Low: 58.
📢 I’m in search of enterprise homeowners and entrepreneurs in Harmony who need to construct consciousness, join with prospects and enhance gross sales.
I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships accessible to introduce our Harmony Day by day readers to native companies they should learn about. If that’s you, then I invite you to study extra and secure your spot now.
Listed here are the highest tales in Harmony right this moment:
- Harmony Police had been out Friday night time conducting a DUI checkpoint. One arrest was made. Police remind you, as at all times, that impaired driving would not at all times imply drunk driving. Even over-the-counter remedy can impair your capacity to drive. If it says “don’t function heavy equipment,” you possibly can learn that as “don’t drive your automotive.” And, whereas leisure marijuana is now authorized, it’s unlawful to function your automobile when you are underneath the affect of the substance. (Claycord.com)
- Acquired a scholar in highschool within the Harmony space? Cease by and say “hello” to their principal. Chances are high it’s possible you’ll by no means have met them earlier than. Ten space excessive colleges have new principals and senior directors for the reason that pandemic started. In different phrases, college students at these colleges who had been Freshmen in 2020 will obtain diplomas this 12 months from somebody aside from the administrator that initially welcomed them to campus. The stress of the pandemic is being blamed for the report turnover. (Pioneer Publishers)
- The nationwide evaluator of medical health insurance plans, Nationwide Committee for High quality Assurance has acknowledged the Contra Costa Well being Plan as top-of-the-line within the nation. In truth, amongst well being upkeep organizations (HMO) that supply Medi-Cal advantages, CCHP is rated the highest group based on NCQA. “We’re particularly pleased with our score for affected person expertise, as a result of it comes instantly from the individuals we take care of,” Contra Costa County Well being Director Anna Roth stated. “It reveals how robust our county’s healthcare supply system is, from the medical professionals taking good care of county residents to the hospitals and medical clinics serving our neighborhood.” (Contra Costa Herald)
- You realize that previous, dilapidated constructing that was Longs Medicine on Deer Valley Street in Antioch? It is getting a facelift and a brand new lease on life (pun meant)! Builders Sean McCauley and Ron Harrison have bought the constructing and want to flip it into incubator area for small companies and full service govt suites. The constructing can even get a brand new moniker. It is going to be named the Deer Valley Govt Middle. “There are over 120,000 individuals commuting out of the area every workday, simply on Freeway 4. The extra individuals we are able to get off the roads and into native jobs, the extra time they must spend with their households,” McCauley stated. “The plan is to get individuals out of the commute by bringing larger paying jobs to our metropolis.” Appears like a wonderful plan and I am blissful to see some sprucing up of that part of Deer Valley Street! (East County Today)
- Former longtime Lafayette metropolis supervisor Steve Falk received bored in the course of the pandemic. And fortunate for us he did! Apparently, he is had an concept that he wished to write down a e-book about California for a while, now, and the pandemic gave him simply the downtime he wanted to get began. He put pen to paper, and now, not solely can we get a brand new perspective on California historical past, we get a glimpse into Falk’s household as nicely! He says he wished to seize tales his dad and grandpa advised earlier than they received misplaced ceaselessly, so he dedicated these to the web page, together with a broader story of how California unfolded in the identical timeframe. To learn “California Story,” go to www.californiastory.net/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email (lamorindaweekly.com)
Assist us make Patch higher:
Our person analysis crew is concerned about listening to about your expertise with Patch. This is a chance so that you can present direct suggestions and assist us higher serve you and your neighborhood. Your half in our analysis would encompass a single 30- to 60-minute interview, and you’ll obtain a $25 Amazon present card by e-mail on your time. ? Sign up here to participate. In the event you’re chosen, we’ll be in contact on to set your appointment time. Thanks — hope to see you quickly!
At the moment in Harmony:
- Head over to the Nice Hill Library for Meals Truck Nights! East Bay residents and households can seize and go for meals or keep for video games and family-friendly leisure. (5:00 PM)
- Be part of your neighbors for The Veranda Unplugged on the brand new Pavilion Fountain Park Garden! Deliver a blanket, your pals & household. (6:30 PM)
- Come to Vinnie’s Bar in Harmony and really feel like a rockstar singing Karaoke on an expert stage! (8:00 PM)
From my pocket book:
- The Unity Council Festival Latino is coming to the Monument Hall on September 25! Take pleasure in world-class dwell music, family-friendly video games, actions, and conventional Latin American artisans. Organizers anticipate over 10,000 individuals to be there, so get there early and put together to take pleasure in a celebration!
- The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors is seeking applicants who are interested in serving on its 18-member Racial Justice Oversight Body. There are currently nine open seats. Learn more and find out how to apply at this link from East County Today.
- Here is a cool story to inform your children! The Moraga City Council authorised a letter to be positioned in a Time Capsule within the new County Administration Constructing at 1025 Escobar Road. The letter is about Moraga and a number of the City’s present challenges and features a photograph of the City Council. I supposed it’s going to be there till they tear the place down. Possibly your children may even inform their children about it! You will discover the letter and film that can be constructed into the constructing at this hyperlink. (moraga.ca.us)
Extra from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Alrighty, you are all caught up for right this moment! I am going to meet up with you vivid and early tomorrow together with your subsequent replace.
— Jeri Karges
About me: Jeri Karges has been dwelling in and loving the Sacramento area for over 30 years. Her ardour is discovering new and distinctive methods to benefit from the metropolis and surrounding areas. On weekends, you could find her pestering her pals to pattern the restaurant that does not have silverware, or strive their hand at throwing an axe. Jeri additionally enjoys writing about retirement planning at https://rockinretirement.subst…
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Harmony Day by day? Contact me at Concord-Ca@Patch.com