Superstar intercourse therapist and TV host Dr. Laura Berman is mourning the lack of her teenage son.
On Monday, Feb. 8, the OWN TV host and New York Times best-selling creator confirmed on Instagram that her teen son Samuel Berman Chapman died from an unintentional overdose of fentanyl-laced Xanax at their household dwelling in Santa Monica.
“My stunning boy is gone. 16 years previous. Sheltering at dwelling,” Berman acknowledged when she shared the information on Instagram Sunday.”
She added that her son received “the medication delivered to the home” in an “experimentation gone dangerous.”
“My coronary heart is totally shattered and I’m not certain the best way to preserve respiratory,” mentioned the relationship and intimacy therapist and host of “Within the Bed room with Dr. Laura Berman” in a caption of an image of herself embracing her smiling son.
Firefighters and paramedics arrived on the household’s dwelling Sunday afternoon and located the 16-year-old unconscious on the ground. Regardless of efforts to avoid wasting him, the teenager died a shortly after on the scene.
The Santa Monica Police Division mentioned a preliminary investigation discovered that prescription drug use might have been concerned.
Berman mentioned her son received his fingers on the unknowingly deadly drug by Snapchat and warned different dad and mom to observe their children, and particularly watch them in the event that they use Snapchat.
“A drug vendor related with him on Snapchat and gave him fentanyl laced Xanax and he overdosed in his room,” Berman wrote. “They do that as a result of it hooks individuals much more and is nice for enterprise however (it) causes overdose and the youngsters don’t know what they’re taking.”
Berman remembered Samuel as a “straight A pupil” who was “preparing for school.” She added, “I publish this now solely in order that not another child dies.”
In an Instagram Story, Berman doubled down on her parental advisory, writing, “If in case you have teenagers, please learn this and get them off Snapchat ASAP! It is a development now and overdoses amongst teenagers is on the rise.”
Snapchat issued an announcement expressing their condolences to Berman, and mentioned they’ve a zero-tolerance coverage for utilizing the platform to purchase or promote unlawful medication.
“Our deepest sympathies are with the household and mates of Samuel Berman Chapman and we’re heartbroken by his passing,” the corporate acknowledged. “We’ve got no increased precedence than protecting Snapchat a protected surroundings and we are going to proceed to spend money on defending our neighborhood.”
Snapchat added that it’s “dedicated to working along with regulation enforcement on this case and in all situations the place Snapchat is used for unlawful functions.”
Berman mentioned she and her husband are ready for toxicology stories to verify which medication led to their son’s loss of life.
Recommend a Correction