Half a dozen motorists had been arrested on suspicion of driving underneath the affect and one other handful had been cited for driving with out a driver’s license at a checkpoint final Friday, Culver City police mentioned.
The DUI and driver’s license checkpoint was performed within the 11400 block of Washington Boulevard on July 16, in line with Culver City Police Division.
“The checkpoints are an necessary site visitors security enforcement element that gives for the security of all motorists on the street,” mentioned police in an announcement.
CCPD mentioned of the 884 autos handed by the checkpoint, 389 autos had been screened and yielded. Right here is extra information in regards to the arrests and citations:
· 6 DUI arrest contained in the checkpoint
· 1 DUI arrest exterior the checkpoint
· 1 gun arrest contained in the checkpoint
· 4 unlicensed driver citations contained in the checkpoint
· 2 unlicensed driver citations exterior the checkpoint
· 1 suspended license quotation contained in the checkpoint
· 6 autos had been towed (5 for DUI, 1 for Unlicensed Driver)
“We want to remind everybody to drink responsibly and hold our streets protected by not driving drunk and/or medication,” police mentioned. “Buzzed driving is drunk driving
The checkpoint was a part of the 2021 California Workplace of Visitors Security grant necessities for CCPD.